Up in the Air
‘The Moon’s my Balloon’
Well, here we are again - well into Spring and Summer rapidly approaching. When I found out the nature of month’s theme, the trees in my garden – being so far north – were still devoid of both blossom and leaf and from there came the idea for my card. Add into that the clear skies and the clear sighting of the moon - hey presto! A Card!!!
· Stamps:- Wee Folk Set 2
· Stencils:- Winter Tree, Small Framer Stencil
· Ink Pads:- Distress Weathered Wood, Iced Spruce, Squeezed Lemonade
· Cardstock:- 1 x 8ins x 8ins card, 1 x A4 white card trimmed to 7ins x 7ins
· Miscellaneous:- 01, 03 Micron pens, charcoal pencil, sticky note pad
1. Place circle from Framer stencil onto 7 x 7 card and tape down. Place Winter Tree stencil over. Tear a landscape from copy paper and blend over Weathered Wood and Iced Spruce. Move the landscape paper from time to time to create hills etc.
2. Lift the tree stencil carefully and remove the circle blank. Place the Framer ‘outie’ over the white circular area and also the Tree stencil and carefully blend over Squeezed Lemonade.
3. Remove the Framer, replace the Tree and draw around outline with fine Micron pen.
4. Remove stencil completely.
5. Doodle and colour inside the tree outline with black Micron pen. Add the balloon neck and string with same fine pen.
6. Stamp the little boy from the Wee Folk 2 set.
7. Doodle a frame around image.
8. Outline card with a black Sharpie and mount onto 8 x 8 card.
This is my first attempt
Et voila – The Moon’s My Balloon!
Time now for your project.
Bye for now and happy crafting!
Shelagh ‘The Making Lady’